CALCULATIONS OF MAXIMUM A-WEIGHTED SOUND LEVELS (DBA) RESULTING FROM CIVIL AIRCRAFT OPERATIONS
This document presents a procedure for calculating and documenting in an environmental impact statement or negative declaration the maximum A-weighted sound level for single aircraft operations at specified noise-sensitive locations in the vicinity of civil airports. This procedure will enable Air Traffic and Flight Standards personnel to calculate the maximum A-weighted sound level resulting from aircraft takeoff or landing at any specified ground location in the vicinity of an airport. This guidance material includes aircraft flight profile information by aircraft type and mode of operation, and peak noise level as a function of slant range to the aircraft. This procedure is not intended for developing noise contours around an entire airport or for calculating the maximum sound levels at numerous points. This document also includes an appendix that discusses the impact of noise on people and case studies for Air Traffic and Flight Standards personnel.
Washington, DC USA 20591
- Publication Date: 1978-6
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 65 p.
- TRT Terms: Aircraft noise; Civil aviation; Environmental impact statements; Landing; Social factors; Sound level; Takeoff; Traffic noise
- Old TRIS Terms: Takeoff and landing
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Environment; Society;
- Accession Number: 00179388
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Aviation Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 27 2003 12:00AM