PROJECT TURN DOWN TRAFFIC VOLUME--VOLUME 2, EVALUATION OF PILOT PROJECT RESULTS; VOLUME 3, MARKETING. VOLUME 4, THE CARPOOL DEMONSTRATION: VOLUME 5, THE VARIABLE WORKING TIMES DEMONSTRATION; VOLUME 6, OVERALL PROJECT REVIEW
The objective of this demonstration project was to evaluate the potential of carpooling and variable working times as strategies for reducing peak hour traffic congestion in Canadian cities. Volume 2 reviews the procedures and techniques utilized and tested during a trial, pilot project, conducted prior to the commencement of a larger full-scale demonstration program, and evaluates the usefulness of such procedures and techniques for the full-scale demonstration. Volume 3 describes the project's marketing objectives and the strategies adopted for promoting the variable-working times and carpooling concepts. The report provides information of value to persons directly responsible for the promotion of similar projects. Volume 4 deals with the "Commuter Club" and is intended to serve as a guide for other Canadian cities contemplating the introduction of ride sharing programs by documenting all of the activities, technical details, and observed results related to this particular aspect of the overall project. Volume 5 deals solely with the variable work hours portion of the program. Volume 6 presents an overview of the entire project from an organizational viewpoint in order to provide a clear understanding of the institutional framework, conditions, guidelines, and strategies under which the project was conducted.
- Prepared for Transport Canada, Transportation Development Agency. Vol. 3, TP-729; Vol. 4, TP-730, Vol. 5, TP-731, Vol. 6, TP-732.
Vancouver, City of, CanadaEngineering Department, 453 West 12th Avenue
Vancouver, BC Canada
- Publication Date: 1977-5
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 49 p.
- TRT Terms: Administration; Carpools; Commuters; Demonstration projects; Hours of labor; Marketing; Peak hour traffic; Traffic congestion; Traffic volume
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00179362
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Vol 2, TP-728
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 12 1978 12:00AM