PHASE IIIC--TEST & DEMONSTRATION PROTOTYPE TRACKED AIR CUSHION VEHICLE (PTACV)
A six year multi-phased program for design, development and test of a prototype tracked air cushion vehicle was culminated in a six month test and demonstration under Phase IIIC. Descriptions of the various major sub-systems are presented with design and operational performance data. Technical data covering test objectives, descriptions and results are furnished on a wide variety of functional assemblies, subsystems and performance conditions. Physical characteristics were measured for accelerations, braking, aerodynamic drag, ride comfort, acoustical quality, reliability and maintainability performance. System description and proposed system applications were surveyed and presented to selected government representatives.
- Prepared for U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Railroad Administration. Related information in report deliverables under Phases I through IIIB of contracts DOT-UT-10031; and DOT-FR-40022.
Rohr Industries, IncorporatedFoot of H Street
Chula Vista, CA United States 92010
- Smith, A K
- Dallas, J
- Dynes, R
- Stott, R
- Samusson, L
- Publication Date: 1977-11
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 215 p.
- TRT Terms: Electric power conditioning; Intelligent transportation systems; Linear induction motors; Tracked air cushion vehicles
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced systems
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00179284
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA/ORD-78/03 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-54089
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 19 1978 12:00AM