THE DIESEL ENGINE AS AN INTEGRAL PART OF THE SHIP'S PROPULSION SYSTEM
The paper deals with the development of a new "Man" slow-speed two-stroke engine. Some aspects of the program aimed at cost reduction and simplification of the ship's propulsion system are explained in detail. Construction of the engine, designated "KSZ-B" is described, and performance figures are given. Order from: NSFI as No. 14492.
- Presented at Europort 77, International Maritime Conference, Amsterdam, November 15-16, 1977.
Europort TentoonstellingenBZ, Waalhazen, Z.44
- Beer, P
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Cost control; Design; Diesel engines; Economic analysis; Performance; Propulsion; Vehicle power plants
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost reduction
- Old TRIS Terms: Diesel design; Diesel performance; Propulsion machinery; Slow speed diesels
- Subject Areas: Design; Economics; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00179257
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 19 1978 12:00AM