PREPARATION AND PAINTING OF SHIPS' HULLS-REPAIR OF DAMAGE TO PAINT COATING SYSTEMS DURING THE BUILDING AND FITTING OUT OF SHIPS
This Report is based on experience collected from shipyards and paint manufacturers in Sweden and on facts from the literature. The shipping company usually demands that the repair should be done with the same surface preparation, the same paint and the same film thickness as the original painting. In case of lack of time or under adverse climatic conditions this demand cannot always be fulfilled. A modified paint system may have to be used. General rules for such situations cannot be given. The problem of how to combine different types of paint is also discussed. Order from: BSRA as No. 48,365.
Swedish Corrosion InstituteStockholm, Sweden
- Igetoft, L
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Coatings; Hulls; Painting; Surface preparation
- Old TRIS Terms: Hull painting
- Subject Areas: Construction; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00179246
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: Report 1977:2
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 19 1978 12:00AM