METHODOLOGY FOR SHIPBOARD NOISE ANALYSIS AND CONTROL
Under the sponsorship of the U.S. Coast Guard and the Navy, the firm of Bolt, Beranak and Newman Inc. of Cambridge, Massachusetts has prepared a document entitled Handbook for Shipboard Airborne Noise Control. The objective of compiling this document was to present a methodology of shipboard noise analysis and noise control treatment design in a simplified manner which can be generally understood. This paper briefly discusses the application of these procedures, their rationales and their limitations.
- Presented at "Inter-Noise 74", Washington, September 30-October 2, 1974.
Institute of Noise Control EngineeringIowa State University, 210 Marston Hall
Ames, IA USA 50011-2153
- Nelson, D L
- Lewis, D P
- Williams, J D
- Publication Date: 1974
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Aircraft noise; Measurement; Noise; Noise control; Ships
- Uncontrolled Terms: Noise measurement; Noise reduction; Ship noise
- Old TRIS Terms: Airborne noise
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00179242
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 19 1978 12:00AM