ECONOMICS OF MACHINERY SELECTION
Some characteristics of machinery for merchant ships are reviewed, and factors influencing the choice of machinery are considered. The cost of machinery, fuel, maintenance and repair, and the choice of speed are dealt with. A cost evaluation involving the comparison of slow-speed and medium-speed diesel bulk carrier is performed. Order from: NSFI as No. 14470.
- Presented at Europort 77, International Maritime Conference, "Propulsion Machinery For Increased Ship Efficiency", Amsterdam, November 15-16, 1977.
Europort TentoonstellingenBZ, Waalhazen, Z.44
- Buxton, I L
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Costs; Diesel engines; Economic analysis; Electric power plants; Equipment maintenance; Fuels; Machinery; Propulsion; Vehicle power plants
- Uncontrolled Terms: Fuel costs
- Old TRIS Terms: Diesel propulsion costs; Medium speed diesels; Power plant selection; Propulsion machinery; Slow speed diesels
- Subject Areas: Economics; Energy; Finance; Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00179241
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 19 1978 12:00AM