INSTALLATION AND OPERATING EXPERIENCE WITH HEAVY DUTY GAS TURBINE/ELECTRICALLY PROPELLED RO/RO SHIPS
The experience with the 4150 dwt "Seaway Princess", a unit load carrier, and two 12700 dwt unitized cargo vessels, the "Union Rotorua" and "Union Rotoriki" is described. General maintenance involving inspection of various components, operating and maintenance experience with the gas turbine equipment, and manning are discussed. Order from: NSFI as No. 14525.
- Presented at Europort 77, International Maritime Conference "Propulsion Machinery for Increased Ship Efficiency", Amsterdam, November 15-16, 1977.
Europort TentoonstellingenBZ, Waalhazen, Z.44
- Klomp, W
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Electric power; Electrical systems; Engines; Equipment maintenance; Gas turbines; Installation; Machinery; Manning requirements; Propulsion; Roll on roll off ships; Ships; Vehicle maintenance
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship maintenance; Shipboard maintenance
- Old TRIS Terms: Engine maintenance
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00179233
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 19 1978 12:00AM