FAN SELECTION AND INSTALLATION
The paper deals with the selection and installation of ventilating fans and measures to be taken for the attenuation of fan noise. The aim is to provide guidelines and typical fan noise values for estimating the noise a fan will radiate to a ventilating system. The types of fans considered are centrifugal and axial, of the type normally used with ducting systems in central station air-conditioning systems and industrial ventilating systems.
National Bureau of StandardsGaithersburg, MD United States
- Graham, J B
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: 16 p.
- TRT Terms: Fans; Measurement; Noise; Noise control; Sound transmission; Ventilation systems
- Uncontrolled Terms: Noise measurement; Noise reduction
- Old TRIS Terms: Sound radiation
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00179228
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 19 1978 12:00AM