MARITIME SATELLITE COMMUNICATIONS--A MANAGEMENT PERSPECTIVE
This report summarizes the results of a study of the "long-run" costs and benefits of maritime satellite communications. A portion of a continuing program of the U.S. Maritime Administration to improve the effectiveness of marine communications, the study reviews the efforts of participating U.S. flag shipping companies in using this new technology to solve some pressing problems of fleet management.
Computer Sciences Corporation6565 Arlington Boulevard
Falls Church, VA United States 22046
- Publication Date: 1978-4-21
- Pagination: 57 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Artificial satellites; Communication systems; Communications satellites; Costs; Data communications; Economic analysis; Fleet management; Information processing; Management information systems; Maritime mobile satellite system; Personnel management; Radio; Satellite communication; Scheduling; Ship management; Telecommunications; Telex
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Economic analysis (Satellite systems); Telex communications
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Finance; Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00179215
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Contract Numbers: 6-38012
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 19 1978 12:00AM