APPLICABILITY OF FLOQUET-TYPE SOLUTIONS TO BOUNDED LAYERED COMPOSITES
It is shown that certain Floquet-type solutions describing the propagation of horizontally polarized shear waves in an infinite, periodically layered, elastic composite can be considered applicable to composites with boundaries. In particular, this is the case for layered plates with traction-free and rigidly constrained bounding planes, as well as for a layered half-space in which different novel types of surface waves can propagate.
- Controlling Office is the Department of the Navy, Office of Naval Research, Arlington, Virginia 22217.
Stanford UniversityDepartment of Applied Mechanics
Stanford, CA USA 94305
- HERRMANN, G
- Beaupre, G S
- Auld, B A
- Publication Date: 1978-2
- Pagination: 19 p.
- TRT Terms: Composite materials; Plates (Engineering); Rayleigh waves; S waves; Sandwich construction; Vibration; Wave motion
- Old TRIS Terms: Plate vibration
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00179213
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: SUDAM 78-2 Intrm Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: N00014-76-C-0054
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 19 1978 12:00AM