ECMT. ROUND TABLE 38 (PARIS, 24-25 MARCH 1977). POSSIBILITIES OFFERED BY CERTAIN TRADITIONAL TECHNIQUES FOR URBAN TRANSPORT. TRAMS AND TROLLEYBUSES
CEMT. TABLE RONDE 38 (PARIS, 24-25 MARS 1977). POSSIBILITES OFFERTES PAR CERTAINES TECHNIQUES TRADITIONNELLES POUR LES TRANSPORTS URBAINS. TRAMS ET TROLLEYBUS
After a short historical review of rail-borne public transport and its competitors, the author studies what is actually required of local public transport. Respect for the environment and easy access to the town centre are two essential elements for assessing a public transport system, which, to be efficient, must have its own right of way. The author advocates "express trams" in medium-sized towns.
European Conference of Ministers of Transport19, rue de Franqueville
75775 Paris Cedex 16, France
- Publication Date: 1978
- Features: Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 78 p.
- TRT Terms: Light rail transit; Transportation planning; Urban transportation
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00179153
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: SNCF Cat 01 N310
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 19 1982 12:00AM