FAST BALLAST AND SUBGRADE MATERIALS EVALUATION-BALLAST AND FOUNDATION MATERIALS RESEARCH PROGRAM
The ballast, subballast, and subgrade materials from the FAST Project at Pueblo, Colorado were evaluated. Conventional characterization testing and repeated load triaxial testing were conducted with the various materials The data included in this report were developed for bulk material samples forwarded to the University of Illinois. The test results do not reflect any "material variability" which would be encountered in the completed FAST Project.
- Record URL:
- Prepared for U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Railroad Administration, Office of Research and Development, Washington, D.C.
University of Illinois, Urbana-ChampaignDepartment of Civil and Environmental Engineering
205 North Mathews Avenue
Urbana, IL United States 61801-2352
- Thompson, M R
- Publication Date: 1977-12
- Media Type: Digital/other
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 31 p.
- TRT Terms: Ballast (Railroads); Railroad tracks; Soil tests; Subballast; Subgrade (Pavements); Tests
- Old TRIS Terms: Fast facility; Track structures
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00179125
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA-ORD-77/32 Test Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-30038
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 29 1978 12:00AM