REPORT ON THE 5TH INTERNATIONAL WHEELSETS CONGRESS, TOKYO, JAPAN, 20-23 OCTOBER 1975
A summary is given for each of the thirty technical papers presented at the International Wheelsets Congress held in Tokyo, Japan, 20-23 October 1975. The papers were presented by international experts in rail research and covered a wide range of wheel/rail topics, including dynamic forces, material characteristics, stresses, failure mechanics, fatigue, maintenance and noise.
- Record URL:
- Prepared for U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Railroad Administration.
University of Oklahoma, NormanSchool of Aerospace, Mechanical and Nuclear Engineering
Norman, OK United States 73069
- Bray, D E
- Publication Date: 1977-10
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 17 p.
- TRT Terms: Adhesion; Axles; Car wheels (Railroads); Fatigue (Mechanics); High speed rail; Metallurgy; Noise; Rail (Railroads); Railroad cars; Railroads; Roller bearings; Rolling contact; Stresses; Thermal stresses; Vehicle design; Wear; Wheels; Wheelsets (Railroads)
- Identifier Terms: Shinkansen
- Old TRIS Terms: Axle design; Axle fatigue; Resilient wheels; Wheel design; Wheel metallurgy; Wheel stresses; Wheel thermal stresses
- Subject Areas: Design; Environment; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00179124
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA/ORD-77/65 Spec Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-40091
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 29 1978 12:00AM