STRUCTURAL MATERIALS DESIGN FOR RAIL TRANSIT CARS
This paper discusses the detail design practice and computer analyses used to achieve the car body structures for the two vehicles designed and being manufactured by the The Boeing Vertol Company. These two cars are the United States Standard Light Rail Vehicle (SLRV), and the Chicago Transit Authority Vehicle (CTAV) Rapid Transit Car.
American Society for MetalsMetals Park, OH United States 44073
- Dennis, M J
- Schagrin, E B
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 7 p.
- TRT Terms: Design; Information processing; Light rail vehicles; Passenger cars; Rapid transit cars; Structural analysis; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria
- Old TRIS Terms: Passenger car design
- Subject Areas: Design; Public Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00179064
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: N76-24 Tech Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 29 1981 12:00AM