NFTS HOME-INTERVIEW SURVEY--ANALYSIS OF THE "OPINION COMPONENT"
This report documents the opinions of households in the Niagara Frontier region (Buffalo, New York) on community problems, transportation, transit service improvements and participation in transportation planning. These views were obtained from the opinion component of the NFTS Home-Interview Survey, conducted in the fall of 1973. The sample consists of 535 voluntary responses. The analysis was performed by cross-tabulating questions contained in the opinion component. The resutls show that crime and law enforcement is the most serious community problem, and bus service is viewed as having the most serious transportation problems. Too few bus routes and lack of rapid transit service are the major problems with bus service; rail rapid transit is the improvement desired by the largest percentage of households. /Author/
Albany, NY United States 12232
- Holthoff, William C
- Publication Date: 1975-4
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 70 p.
- TRT Terms: Bus transportation; Crimes; Interviewing; Law enforcement; Public transit; Social values; Surveys; Transportation planning
- Old TRIS Terms: Community values
- Subject Areas: Economics; Highways; Motor Carriers; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Security and Emergencies; Society;
- Accession Number: 00179052
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Res. Rpt. 77
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Jul 29 1981 12:00AM