IMPROVED FENDER SYSTEMS FOR SHALLOW AND DEEP DRAFT BERTHS--PHASE I
This report presents investigations and descriptions of the following: state-of-the-art of fender design; available fender units; comparison of fender unit performance; common system configurations; adequacy of systems' function; docking procedures; fender system costs; mooring practices; types of damage to fender systems; problems with fenders maintenance and repair practices; examination of trends in ships' characteristics. The functions of various fender systems are described, and types of damage and problems that may occur are presented. Problems with fender systems are ranked, and design objectives are identified.
Dravo Van Houten, IncorporatedOne Penn Plaza
New York, NY United States 10001
- Han, E
- Priori, G
- Juran, D I
- Publication Date: 1978-6
- Pagination: 218 p.
- TRT Terms: Defects; Docking; Fenders; Fenders (Wharves); Harbors; Marine terminals; Mooring; Moorings; Piers (Supports); Piers (Wharves); State of the art; Structures
- Uncontrolled Terms: Structural damage
- Old TRIS Terms: Docking techniques; Fender systems; Harbor structures
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00178937
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: MA-GEN-970-78046 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 29 1978 12:00AM