THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE MAN EXHAUST-GAS TURBOCHARGERS
The new "MAN" Turbocharger has a compression pressure ratio of 4.0 and the circumferential speed at the outside diameter of the compressor wheel is about 500 m/sec. The paper describes the exhaust turbine, the radial-flow compressor, bearings, and silencing arrangement. Some applications are discussed. Order from: NSFI as No. 14490.
- Presented at Europort 77, International Maritime Conference, Amsterdam, November 15-16, 1977.
Europort TentoonstellingenBZ, Waalhazen, Z.44
- Goerlich, D
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Bearings; Compressors; Diesel engines; Turbochargers
- Old TRIS Terms: Bearing design; Diesel turbochargers; Turbocharging systems
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00178933
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 29 1978 12:00AM