ATLANTIC OFFSHORE PROGRAM
This is a summary of a preliminary plan offered to the federal government and to the tidewater states of the east coast to initiate a comprehensive program to obtain vital information to protect and use the nation's Atlantic offshore resources. This is primarily a technical and scientific plan to address and find answers to critical problems confronting the users of offshore areas and to propose plans to understand nature's fundamental processes at work off-shore. This summary suggests how the program might be managed, how long it will take, how much it might cost, and where the resources might be found to pay for it. This plan also addresses the questions of how tidewater states can benefit, how the results will be made available, and how the public can participate in setting program directions and benefit from knowledge gained.
University of Delaware, NewarkCollege of Marine Studies
Newark, DE USA 19716
- Publication Date: 1978-2
- Pagination: 27 p.
- TRT Terms: Beaches; Coastal zone management; Coasts; Conservation; Development; Dredged materials; Dredging; Economic analysis; Environmental impact analysis; Erosion; Management; Offshore structures; Offshore terminals; Planning; Policy; Regulations; Sedimentation; Waste disposal; Water pollution
- Uncontrolled Terms: Resource management; Sediment transport
- Old TRIS Terms: Beach erosion; Environmental surveys; Management planning
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Bridges and other structures; Economics; Environment; Law; Marine Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00178899
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: University of Delaware, Newark
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 29 1978 12:00AM