THE STRUCTURAL DESIGN AND LAYING OF SMALL UNDERGROUND DRAINS OF FLEXIBLE MATERIALS
This report is primarily intended as a guide for those persons having to design and specify underground drainage systems for small jobs, and is limited to unplasticized polyvinyl chloride (UPVC) and pitch pipes up to 300 mm diameter. The characteristics of small-diameter drainage pipes of flexible materials currently available are briefly described and their suitability for various drainage applications discussed. Recommendations are made regarding pipe selection, laying, and the selection of suitable bedding material. Pipe deformation, uneven support, and backfilling are also discussed.
Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)Wokingham, Berkshire United Kingdom
- Young, O C
- Publication Date: 1978
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 14 p.
- TRT Terms: Backfilling; Deformation; Drains; Flexibility; Pipe laying; Polyvinyl chloride; Structural design; Underground structures
- Uncontrolled Terms: Laying
- Old TRIS Terms: Underground
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Geotechnology; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00178870
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: TRRL Supp Report 375
- Files: TRIS, ATRI
- Created Date: Dec 3 1978 12:00AM