TRANSPLAN 77--IOWA TRANSPORTATION PLAN
TransPlan '77 presents a brief view of the current plans for making Iowa's transportation networks more effective. The plan presents the dollar needs required to develop the system and then reveals available resources. It states the Iowa DOT's aims for the future and assesses the options for plotting these causes. TransPlan '77 elaborates on modal comparisons, transportation safety, and energy. It also emphasizes the interdependent criteria which impact the modal selection process. Specifically, this report discusses Iowa's Transportation Policy, citizen participation in planning, system plans (air, rivers, railroads, public transit, highways, pipelines), transportation's financial needs, funding distribution, modal cost comparisons--freight and passenger, transportation safety programs, and energy.
Ames, IA USA 50010
- Publication Date: 1977-5
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 160 p.
- TRT Terms: Air transportation; Economics; Energy; Finance; Highway transportation; Pipelines; Public participation; Public transit; Railroad transportation; Safety; Transportation; Transportation planning; Transportation policy; Water transportation
- Subject Areas: Economics; Energy; Finance; Planning and Forecasting; Safety and Human Factors; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00178868
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Dec 3 1978 12:00AM