TIRE ROLLING LOSSES AND FUEL ECONOMY -- AN R AND D PLANNING WORKSHOP, 1977
The proceedings contains 20 papers presented at the Conference, and transcripts of discussions following each paper and of two panel discussions. The papers are grouped under the following general headings: tire design and construction, testing methods, analytical methods and models, road and vehicle effects, and tire materials. Specific papers cover power consumption related to tire use, improving steady state test methods, tire rolling resistance determined by viscoelastic analysis of components, applications of tire thermography, infuence of road surface texture on tire rolling resistance, effect of reinforcing materials on rolling resistance, and other subjects.
- Proceedings of the workshop held at the Transportation System Center, Cambridge, Massachusetts, October 18-20, 1978.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 202 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Automobiles; Construction; Design; Development; Energy consumption; Fuel conservation; Fuel consumption; Losses; Materials; Mathematical models; Measurement; Planning; Radial ply tires; Reinforcement (Engineering); Research; Roads; Rolling; Rolling contact; Rolling resistance; Roughness; Steady state; Surface course (Pavements); Test procedures; Thermographs; Tires; Trucks; Viscoelasticity
- Uncontrolled Terms: Research and development
- Old TRIS Terms: Analytical method; Pavement resistance; Power consumption; Radial tires; Resistance; Rolling losses
- Subject Areas: Construction; Design; Energy; Highways; Materials; Motor Carriers; Planning and Forecasting; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00178849
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 27 1978 12:00AM