PAVEMENT DESIGN MANUAL FOR SECONDARY ROADS IN NORTH CAROLINA
A procedure for design of new low volume secondary roads and overlays has been formulated. The procedure relys on data obtained from soil surveys published by the U.S. Department of Agriculture rather than conventional field testing. Otherwise the design method generally follows accepted thickness design techniques currently recognized by the North Carolina Department of Transportation. /FHWA/
- Sponsored by the North Carolina Department of Transportation and Highway Safety. Prepared in cooperation with the North Carolina Department of Transportation and Highway Safety and the Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration.
North Carolina State University, RaleighHighway Research Program, P.O. Box 5993
Raleigh, NC USA 27607
- Barnes, B D
- Publication Date: 1977-8
- Pagination: 23 p.
- TRT Terms: Geological surveying; Low volume roads; Manuals; Overlays (Pavements); Pavement design; Secondary roads; Soils
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 00178813
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Highway Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-RD-78-S0702, FCP 45C3-402
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 14 1978 12:00AM