MORE INFORMATION ON OIL AND ENGINE FROM SLUDGE ANALYSIS
The deposition of sludge formed in engines can be prevented quite effectively by dispersants. However, these are incorporated into the sludge at higher levels than necessary for the disperant action. A better knowledge of the creation and nature of the sludge could help in devising ways to prevent the formation or deposition more efficiently.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Zeelenberg, A P
- Wortel, J M
- Publication Date: 1977-6
- Pagination: 13 p.
- TRT Terms: Deposition; Dispersers; Engines; Lubricating oils; Sludge (Deposit)
- Old TRIS Terms: Deposition (Materials and soils)
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00178714
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 770643
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 29 1978 12:00AM