THE BELL SYSTEM APPROACH TO THE ECOLOGY OF SPECTRUM
The problem of a shortage of radio spectrum is getting more acute every year. And it won't go away by itself. If the current volume of commercial and recreational vessels equipped with radio-telephones continues to increase there will be a total of approximately 9 million vessels equipped with radiotelephones by 1980. The Bell System has attempted to help remedy this problem and develop a practical and workable program for implementation of the proposed plan. This paper describes in some detail the Marine Identification Number Plan.
- Presented at RTCM Assembly Meeting, April 18-21, 1977, Valley Forge, Pennsylvania.
Radio Technical Commission for Marine Services/Federal Communications Commission
Washington, DC USA 20554
- Bayha, M
- Strassner, P A
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Communication systems; Radio; Radio telephone; Radio wave propagation
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00178701
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Radio Technical Commission for Marine Services
- Report/Paper Numbers: V3, Pap 106-77/DO-98
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 29 1978 12:00AM