USSR CONTRIBUTION: PERMAFROST--SECOND INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE
This volume represents an attempt to make available the Soviet contributions in field of permafrost research to the English speaking scientific and engineering community in order to further the international exchange of information among the relevant disciplines. This volume is divided into the following eight parts: Part I, Thermophysical principles of the formation and development of the cryalithosphere; Part II, Regional geocryology; Part III, Origin, composition, and structure of permafrost and ground ice; Part IV, Physics, physical chemistry, and mechanics of frozen ground and ice; Part V, Groundwater in the cryolithosphere; Part VI, Geocryological surveying and prediction; Part VII, Principles of the control of geocryological conditions for construction in permafrost regions; Part VIII, Problems in the science of permafrost.
- This conference was held from July 13-28, 1973 and prepared under the auspices of the United States Planning Committee, National Academy of Sciences, National Academy of Engineering, National Research Council, Organizing Committee of Canada and the National Research Council of Canada.
National Academy of Sciences2101 Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC United States 20418
- Publication Date: 1978
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 888 p.
- TRT Terms: Chemistry; Fumigation; Geology; Groundwater; Ice; Permafrost; Physics; Thermal properties
- Old TRIS Terms: Cryology
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00178692
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 29 1978 12:00AM