GRAIN AND RAIL IN WESTERN CANADA
This volume contains the conclusions of a research program carried out to evaluate grain transportation and handling systems in western Canada. There are recommendations on abandonment and retention of grain-related prairie branch lines. It presents recommendations on car utilization, car allocation, private cars, subsidies and retention of abandoned right-of-way. Recommendations are also made on the elevator and port facilities associated with grain movement, and on industrial development related to farm products in the grain areas. Actions are also recommended for various government agencies.
- Report of the Grain Handling and Transportation Commission, Government of Canada. See also Volume 2, RRIS 24 172636; Bulletin 7802.
Ministry of Supply and Services, CanadaPrinting and Publishing
Ottawa, ONo K1A 0S9, Canada
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 545 p.
- Volume: 1
- TRT Terms: Abandonment; Agricultural products; Branch lines; Car distribution (Railroads); Car utilization (Railroads); Freight traffic; Freight transportation; Grain; Industry structure; Local government; Private car lines; Railroad traffic; Subsidies; Traffic density; Transportation policy
- Uncontrolled Terms: Grain trade
- Geographic Terms: Canada; United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Agricultural traffic; Light density lines; National transportation policies
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Freight Transportation; Policy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00178554
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ministry of Supply and Services, Canada
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 19 1978 12:00AM