THE EIGHTIES: A NEW RAIL ERA--PROCEEDINGS OF THE BIENNIAL CIGGT SEMINAR ON RAILWAY RESEARCH
This is the proceedings of a conference on railway research sponsored by CIGGT on January 29 and 30, 1978. The following are included: Railway Electrification Panel; Passenger Service Panel; Track Systems and Rolling Stock: A Light, Steerable Axle Truck for Rail Passenger Vehicles, G. Soblewski and D. Gilmore; the Dilemma of Passenger Rail in Canada, J. Lukasiewicz; Surface Freezing of Coal Cars, P.H. Oosthuizen; Reduction of Impact Damage in Automatic Marshalling Yards, C.N. Kerr; Problems of Track Support, G.P. Raymond. Cost and Economics: Railway Costing Through the Looking Glass, P.M. Bunting; Costing Track Wear, M.D. Roney; Costing Rail Wear with Replacement Value, C. Schwier and R.W. Lake; Railway Cost Estimation Under Peak-Loading Conditions, J.M. Hartwick and J.T. Bernard; Econometric Forecasting of Railway Freight Demand, G.R. Sparks. Propulsion, Communications and Control: Linear Induction Motors for Transit Systems, G.E. Brown; Linear Synchronous Motor Propulsion for Urban Systems, G.R. Slemon; Guided Radar for Obstacle Detection on the Railways, N.A.M. Mackay, A. Benjamin and D.J. Clarke; Inductively Coupled Signal Transmission for Long Freight Trains, G.J.M. Aitken. Operations Analysis: An Analytic Model for the Analysis of Congested Railway Lines, G.W. English; A Line Capacity Model, E.R. Petersen; Computer Simulation of Derailment During Grade Crossing Collisions, D.B. Cherchas, et al; Spinality in Transportation Networks, F.E.F. Dunford and E.R. Corneil; Project Control Using Network Analysis, M.C. Lockhart and C.E. Law. Freight Systems: An Arctic Railway--1977 Perspective, R.G. Maughan and R.W. Lake; The Ferchibal Transportation Study, P. Charron and Leclerc; Costing the Transportation of Western Canadian Coal to Thunder Bay, C.J. Boon; Advanced Systems: Development of the Train Location, Identification and Control System, R. Pomeroy; Testing and Evaluation of the Prototype LRC Passenger Train Equipment, I. Tomaka and P.L. Eggleton; A Systems Approach to the Development of an Intermediate Capacity Transit System, R. Giles; Status of Magnetically Levitated High-Speed Guided Ground Transportation, N.E. Rudback, A.R. Eastham and W.R. Hayes; Shinkansen--The Japanese "Bullet" Train, C.E. Law. Panel on Research and Development for the 80's.
- This is the proceedings of a conference sponsored by CIGGT on railway research, held January 29-30, 1978.
Canadian Institute of Guided Ground TransportQueen's University
Kingston, Ontario K7L 3N6, Canada
- SCHWIER, C
- Arnold, S N
- Publication Date: 1978-4
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 472 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Coal; Coal industry; Costs; Development; Forecasting; Freight traffic; High speed rail; Intelligent transportation systems; Linear motors; Magnetic levitation; Passenger service; Railroad electrification; Railroad facility operations; Railroad tracks; Research; Synchronous motors; Technological forecasting; Traffic forecasting; Yard operations
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis; Line capacity; Research and development
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced systems; Light rapid comfortable; Track structures
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Finance; Freight Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Public Transportation; Railroads; Research;
- Accession Number: 00178540
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Canadian Institute of Guided Ground Transport
- Report/Paper Numbers: CIGGT-78-5 Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 29 1981 12:00AM