A STUDY OF MEASURES TO IMPROVE PEDESTRIAN AND BICYCLE SAFETY
This report is divided into four parts. Project basis, presents a description of the pedestrian and bicycle environments in their present form in medium-sized Canadian cities. The precedents provides a cataloge of pedestrian and bicycle safety measures. This section describes both urban design and traffic engineering measures with examples of previous implementation and precedenting research. The evaluation of measures provides an examination of each of the measures and of how they may be applied cost-effectively to medium-sized Canadian cities. A summary of those measures which appear to hold some promise to improve pedestrian and bicycle safety is included. Also, recommendations for future research are proposed.
- This report was prepared for the Canadian Department of Transport.
Lea (N. D.) and Associates, IncorporatedWashington, DC USA
- Publication Date: 1978
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 215 p.
- TRT Terms: Bicycles; City planning; Cost effectiveness; Pedestrians; Safety; Traffic engineering; Traffic safety; Urban areas
- Subject Areas: Highways; Pedestrians and Bicyclists; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00178517
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: TP 1004
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 27 1978 12:00AM