COMPUTER SIMULATION OF THE GM UNIT INJECTOR
Descriptions of both a complex and a simplified version of the mathematical model of GM's fuel injector are presented, along with a model for linkage dynamics simulation. The models include a new and self-consistent development of the injection pressure and flow equations. Experimental verification of this simulation demonstrates the model's adequacy.
- Presented at the SAE Congress and Exposition Detroit, 27 February-3 March 1978.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Scullen, R S
- HAMES, R J
- Publication Date: 1978
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 20 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Control; Diesel engines; Dynamics; Flow equations; Fuel conservation; Fuel injection; Fuel injectors; Links (Networks); Mathematical models; Pressure; Simulation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Linkages
- Old TRIS Terms: Corner marker
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00178485
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 780161 Preprint, HS-025 313U
- Files: HSL, TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 19 1985 12:00AM