PLASTICS FOR MASS TRANSIT VEHICLES
Polymeric material used in mass transit vehicles are: wall and ceiling panels, seats, cushions, fabrics, carpets, elastomers, ducts, windows and lighting diffusers, thermal and acoustical insulation, floors, electrical insulation, and cab ends and other exterior panels. The flammability aspects of plastics are considered a major factor in the choice of materials.
American Society for MetalsMetals Park, OH United States 44073
- Litant, I
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Flammability; Materials; Passenger cars; Plastics; Polymers; Railroad cars; Rapid transit cars; Urethane; Vehicle design
- Old TRIS Terms: Passenger car design
- Subject Areas: Design; Materials; Public Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00178480
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: N76-31 Tech Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 19 1981 12:00AM