A STUDY OF NEW TRACK STRUCTURE DESIGN. PHASE II
Phase 1 of this research investigation was undertaken in September, 1966, for the Office of High Speed Ground Transportation (OHSGT) of the Department of Commerce by Battelle Memorial Institute for the purpose of conceiving new and improved track structures for high-speed trains. As a result of the Phase 1 program, a number of track structures and fasteners were devised which met the specified requirements. Following the conclusion of the Phase 1 program, the OHSGT requested additional studies and computer analyses of track structures and rail fasteners. The additional track structures of interest were chosen by OHSGT from many designs which had been submitted to them. In addition to the analysis of the track structures, they were interested in a more detailed analysis of rail fasteners, particularly any analysis which was amendable to computer techniques. This project (which was then designated as Phase 2) was then conducted, and the results are summarized in this report. The report contains detailed discussion of material summarized in: 'Studies For Rail Vehicle Track Structures,' PB-194139, and is a reference source sited in that document.
- Record URL:
- See also report on Phase 1, PB-202272 and Final rept., PB-194139.
Battelle Memorial Institute505 King Avenue
Columbus, OH United States 43201
- MEACHAM, H C
- Voorhees, J E
- Eggert, J G
- Enright, J J
- Publication Date: 1968-8
- Media Type: Digital/other
- Pagination: 64 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Ballast (Railroads); Beams; Design; Digital simulation; Earth pressure; Flexible structures; Foundations; High speed rail; Information processing; Loads; Railroad ties; Railroad tracks; Rapid transit; Structural design; Subgrade (Pavements)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ballast; Computer aided analysis; Design criteria; Track design
- Old TRIS Terms: Beams (Support); Flexible foundations; Rapid transit railways
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00039256
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Summ Rpt
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 24 1976 12:00AM