IOWA RAILROAD TRACK GEOMETRY RATINGS
Comprehensive test results from the use of a track geometry car by the Iowa Department of Transportation are given, along with the explanation of the method of rating track. The track geometry rating is calculated for each one-mile segment of track in the state. The final rating is a composite of separate calculations for track gage and cross level, with equal weight being given each. Details for rating of 6,550 miles of Iowa track are given; an additional 960 miles have not been rated for various reasons. Inspectors rated 58.4 percent of all track in good condition, 34.1 percent in fair condition and 7.5 percent in critical condition.
Iowa Department of TransportationPlanning and Research Division, 800 Lincoln Way
Ames, IA United States 50010
- Publication Date: 1977-7
- Pagination: 436 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Cross sections; Gage (Rails); Inspection; Inspection cars; Railroad tracks; Regulations; Safety; Standards; State government; Structural design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Track geometry
- Geographic Terms: Iowa
- Old TRIS Terms: Analytical techniques; Cross level; Government regulations; Track gauge; Track standards
- Subject Areas: Law; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00178423
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Iowa Department of Transportation
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Jul 19 1978 12:00AM