IS THE ADMINISTRATIVE FLEXIBILITY ORIGINALLY PROVIDED TO THE U.S. RAILWAY ASSOCIATION STILL NEEDED?
This report describes the administrative policies and practices of the United States Railway Association and compares USRA's policies and practices with those of other similar corporations established under Federal law. GAO has recommended strengthened internal controls over administrative expenses and asks that Congress reconsider the enabling legislation to decide whether the flexibility originally granted is still required.
- Record URL:
U.S. General Accounting Office441 G Street, NW
Washington, DC USA 20548
- Publication Date: 1978-2-22
- Features: Appendices;
- Pagination: 52 p.
- TRT Terms: Cost control; Legislation; Management; Policy
- Old TRIS Terms: Government policies; Management policies; Regional rail reorganization act; United states railway association
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Law; Policy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00178421
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: U.S. General Accounting Office
- Report/Paper Numbers: CED-78-19 Cong Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 19 1978 12:00AM