THE CAVITATING PROPELLER AND ITS PRESSURE FIELD, APPLICATION OF FREE STREAMLINE THEORY
A model to describe the velocity potential of a cavitating propeller is considered. The model is used to study the relation between the pressure field of the propeller and the structure of the wake in which the propeller operates and to show the differences in effects between cavitating and non-cavitating propellers. Order from: NSFI as No. 14450.
- From the Symposium on Applied Mathematics dedicated to the late Prof. Dr. R. Timman, Delft, the Netherlands, 11-13 January, 1978. (Hermans, AJ and Oosterveld, MWC, editors)
Delft University Press11 Mijnbouwplein
- Noordzij, L
- Publication Date: 1978
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 17 p.
- TRT Terms: Cavitation (Mechanics); Cavitation erosion; Hulls; Pressure fields; Propellers; Velocity
- Old TRIS Terms: Cavitating propellers; Hull propeller interaction; Velocity potential
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00178382
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 19 1978 12:00AM