INFLUENCE OF DEVELOPMENTS IN PROPELLERS ON CHOICE BETWEEN SINGLE AND TWIN SCREW CONFIGURATIONS
The advantages and disadvantages of single- and twin-screw propellers are discussed, but it is concluded that a general rule for the choice between the two cannot be given. It is stated that the adaptable pitch propeller seems to be a feasible solution for reduction of cavitation problems, and that highly skewed propellers are only suitable for certain types of ships. Order from: NSFI as No. 14454.
- Presented at the Europort 77, International Maritime Conference, Amsterdam, November 15-16, 1977.
Europort TentoonstellingenBZ, Waalhazen, Z.44
- Pronk, C
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 19 p.
- TRT Terms: Cavitation (Mechanics); Cavitation erosion; Controllable pitch propellers; Propellers; Propulsion; Screw propellers
- Old TRIS Terms: Propeller selection; Skewed propellers; Twin screws
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00178380
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 19 1978 12:00AM