SIMULATION OF SHIP DYNAMICS AND PROPULSION SYSTEMS
The report discusses the dynamic modelling of a ship and its propulsion system and a suitable model is derived for making simulation studies of the rectilinear motion of a ship during manoeuvring conditions. The main types of propulsion systems modelled are diesel engine, steam turbine, and gas turbine. A model of a reversible friction clutch is included. Order from: NSFI as No. 14435.
British Ship Research AssociationWallend Research Station
- Kazmi, I H
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 38 p.
- TRT Terms: Clutches; Diesel engines; Electric power plants; Gas turbines; Maneuvering; Propulsion; Ship simulators; Simulation; Steam turbines; Stopping; Vehicle power plants
- Old TRIS Terms: Diesel propulsion; Friction clutches; Propulsion machinery; Simulated propulsion plants; Steam turbine propulsion; Stopping characteristics
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00178379
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: NS 469
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 19 1978 12:00AM