SOME ASPECTS OF MANOEUVRABILITY THEORY
It is shown that a certain proposed manoeuvre with a planar-motion mechanism allows experimental determination of the coefficients and functions occuring in the linearized manoeuvring equations in the regions important for practical ship manoeuvring, and that this can be routinely done in only about twice the time required for a resistance test. Order from: NSFI as No. 14431.
- From the Symposium on Applied Mathematics dedicated to the late Prof. Dr. R. Timman, Delft, The Netherlands, 11-13 January, 1978. (Herman, AJ and Oosterveld, MWC, editors)
Delft University Press11 Mijnbouwplein
- Wehausen, J V
- Publication Date: 1978
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Hydrodynamics; Maneuverability; Maneuvering; Mathematical models; Ship simulators
- Old TRIS Terms: Planar motion mechanism
- Subject Areas: Hydraulics and Hydrology; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00178378
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 19 1978 12:00AM