CODE OF PRACTICE FOR SHIPS BRIDGE DESIGN
The code consists of five sections: 1) the structure of the bridge and wings and their position on the ship, 2) bridge environment as a design area, 3) the arrangement of consoles, work positions and instruments on the bridge, 4) the design of individual items of marine equipment, and 5) information about the people who have to work on the bridge (for the benefit of the designers). The appendix contains regulations and a bridge inventory check list. Order from: NSFI as No. 14,402.
Department of Industry1 Victoria Street
London SW1H 0ET, England
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 175 p.
- TRT Terms: Bridge design; Bridges; Bridges (Ships); Consoles; Ergonomics; Human machine systems; Shipboard personnel; Structural design
- Old TRIS Terms: Bridge consoles; Bridge personnel; Man machine communications
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00178371
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 19 1978 12:00AM