APPLICATION OF BOEING HYDROFOIL TECHNOLOGY TO COMMERCIAL TRANSPORTATION
Twenty years of experience by the Boeing Company in the design, construction and testing of fully submerged hydrofoil vehicles has culminated in the successful commercial operation of the Boeing Jetfoil in several services all over the world. The success of these services indicates a worldwide public demand for high-speed, comfortable short range water transportation. Order from: NSFI as No. 14385.
- Presented at the 25th International Meeting on Transportation and Communication in Genoa, October, 1977.
Istituto Internazionale delle CommunicazioniVia Pertinace, Villa Piaggio
1-16125 Genoa, Italy
- Mishel, B
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: High speed craft; Hydrofoil boats; Jet engines; Jet propelled aircraft; Marine transit; Passenger ships
- Old TRIS Terms: Hydrofoil craft; Passenger vessels
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Public Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00178368
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Vol. 2
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 29 1978 12:00AM