THE VALUE OF RESIDENTIAL TRAINING FOR DECK AND ENGINEER OFFICERS IN A LARGE COMMERCIAL FLEET
The paper discusses the training program of a large British shipping, transportation and distribution group with a current fleet of over one million tons of various ship types. The structure of the deck and engineer officer cadetships being followed by the majority of cadets is shown. Order from: NSFI as No. 14382.
- Presented at the Europort 77, International Maritime Conference, Amsterdam, November 15-16, 1977.
Europort TentoonstellingenBZ, Waalhazen, Z.44
- Beggs, T R
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Education; Engineering; Military personnel; Ship crews; Ship officers; Training; Training programs
- Uncontrolled Terms: Engineering education
- Old TRIS Terms: Crew training (Deck); Crew training (Engine); Deck officer training; Officer training
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00178367
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 19 1978 12:00AM