LNG CARRIERS: A REVIEW OF TECHNOLOGIES
This part gives brief technical descriptions of the four main categories of LNG (and LPG) containment systems defined in the IMCO Code. Some 23 different systems are presented and discussed under two main headings; (1) Existing Systems and (2) Other Systems--Old and New Existing Systems are those which are already in service and have commercial operating experience and/or developments of which are currently on order. Other Systems Old and New covers all the containment systems which are currently being offered to shipowners as "approved" systems as well as those still under active development. Order from: BSRA as No. 48,464.
- This abstract is from Part 4 of the LNG Review 1977.
Energy Economics Research LimitedGuildgate House, The Terrace
Wokingham, Berkshire RG11 1BP, England
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 21 p.
- TRT Terms: Containing equipment; Liquefied gases; Liquefied natural gas; Liquefied petroleum gas; Tankers
- Identifier Terms: International Maritime Consultative organization
- Old TRIS Terms: Imco liquefied gas code; Lng containment systems
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00178311
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 19 1978 12:00AM