THE SURVEY AFLOAT OF LARGE SHIPS
Experience with the operation of an in-water survey system is reviewed in this paper. This service was set up in Las Palmas by the Underwater Maintenance Company Ltd of Southampton in June 1975 to provide for both Intermediate and Special Surveys of VLCCs. These are carried out by means of a remotely-controlled television/photographic camera-carrying vehicle (SCAN) attached to the ship's hull. Order from: BSRA as No. 48,405.
- Presented at "Underwater 75" in Stockholm, September 12-18, 1975.
World Congress of Underwater Activities (Fourth)Stockholm, Sweden
- Jones, D F
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Cleaning; Hulls; Inspection; Reports; Ship operations; Surveys; Underwater photography; Very large crude carriers
- Uncontrolled Terms: Underwater inspection
- Old TRIS Terms: Hull cleaning; Hull inspection; Hull surveys; Survey reports
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00178296
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: Vol 2 Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 19 1978 12:00AM