LAMINATED METAL COMPOSITES FOR NOISE CONTROL APPLICATIONS
This paper briefly reviews the nature and properties of constrained layer laminates and their use in industrial noise control applications. Reference is made to research and development studies of laminates with planar plies as well as those with metal plies of different surface geometry. The results of experiments with a composite laminate made up of a corrugated aluminum core sandwiched between a layer of perforated steel and a planar ply of sheet metal are reported and briefly discussed.
- Proceedings of "Inter-Noise 72", Washington, October 4-6, 1972.
Institute of Noise Control EngineeringIowa State University, 210 Marston Hall
Ames, IA United States 50011-2153
- Lewis, A F
- Publication Date: 1972
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Damping (Engineering); Damping (Physics); Noise control; Sandwich construction
- Uncontrolled Terms: Noise reduction
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00178295
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 19 1978 12:00AM