POST LICENSING CONTROL REPORTING AND EVALUATION SYSTEM: NEGLIGENT OPERATOR PROGRAM COSTS AND EFFECTIVENESS
The Post Licensing Control Reporting and Evaluation System (PLCRES) provides a continually updated series of reports on the costs and traffic safety impacts of the department's four negligent operator treatments: W/L (Warning Letter), GEM (Group Educational Meeting), I/H (Individual Hearing), and P/V (Probation Violator Hearing). As the title suggests, this is the third status report on the negligent operator programs. The first two PLC status reports (October, 1976 and March, 1977), as well as the PLC Report of Implementation (August 30, 1976--2 Volumes), are available on request. However, this report is self-contained in the sense that present data are contrasted with data in earlier PLC reports. The objective of PLCRES is to provide ongoing program effectiveness data on its negligent operator programs. Such information is essential for making informed budgetary, policy and operational decisions.
- Periodic status report #3. Related reports SRIS 771110, Periodic Status report #2; SRIS 771109, Periodic Status report #1; SRIS 760997, Implementation report.
California State Department of Motor VehiclesResearch Development and Consultation Section
Sacramento, CA United States 95818
- Kadell, D
- Peck, R C
- Howe, W
- Publication Date: 1978-3
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 51 p.
- TRT Terms: Cost effectiveness; Driver licensing; Evaluation; Impact studies; Safety; Transportation operations; Warnings (Police operations)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Warning letters
- Old TRIS Terms: Transportation administration
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00178229
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Safety Council Safety Research Info Serv
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Aug 19 1978 12:00AM