VALUE OF BUSINESS TRAVEL TIME
This study is concerned with identifying and measuring the employee, employer and community time costs associated with business air journeys. The value of business travel time savings is defined in terms of a composite employee-employer-community value using the argument that savings in total resources resultant from savings in travel time is related to the opportunity cost of travel by an employee to the employer, the disutility cost of travel to the employee, and the net benefit directly to the community from such time savings. The sections in this book outline the theoretical arguments and conceptual approaches previously used to value business travel time, and then suggest an alternative procedure to arrive at improved measures of the value of business travel time. The empirical framework is discussed in the context of the particular issues for investigation, the need for data collection, the selection of empirical design including sample design, questionnaire design and contents. The conduct of the study is outlined together with the results of the pilot study. The remaining sections detail the results of the empirical research and provide concluding comments on the major-findings.
Pergamon Press, IncorporatedMaxwell House, Fairview Park
Elmsford, NY USA 10523
- Heusher, D A
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 159 p.
- TRT Terms: Benefit cost analysis; Business trips; Data collection; Intercity travel; Passengers; Personnel; Present value; Speed; Surveys; Travel demand; Travel time
- Uncontrolled Terms: Value
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Railroads; Society;
- Accession Number: 00178117
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, ATRI
- Created Date: Jun 28 1978 12:00AM