MOTOR VEHICLE NOISE CONTROL LEGISLATION IN AUSTRALIA
The preparation of objective legislation to control noise from motor vehicles is well advanced in Australia and enforcement has commenced in some Australian States. A design rule setting criteria for noise emissions from new vehicles was published by the Federal Department of Transport in 1972 and a revised design rule reducing the maximum permissible levels was finalized in 1976 but its implementation has been deferred. Following extensive surveys, regulations setting criteria for in-service vehicles have been prepared by the Environment Protection Authority in Victoria and it is anticipated that these criteria will be adopted by all States in Australia.
- Presented at the SAE Congress and Exposition, Detroit, 27 February-3 March 1978.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- SNOW, R
- Law, R
- Publication Date: 1978-3
- Pagination: 15 p.
- TRT Terms: Automated vehicle control; Automobiles; Design; Law enforcement; Laws; Legislation; Noise; Noise control; Regulations
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria
- Subject Areas: Design; Environment; Highways; Law; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00178100
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 780384 Preprint, HS-025 451U
- Files: HSL, TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 14 1985 12:00AM