LARGE BUSES AND THE TOWNOBILE ELECTRIC CITY TRANSIT SYSTEM
A variety of urban transit modes are compared with one another with respect to passenger capacity per hour, speed, fuel type, cost and several other considerations. A further comparison of diesel and electric buses points up the desirability of electric coaches in terms of maintenance cost reductions and reduced infrastructure.
- Presented at the SAE Congress and Exposition, Detroit, 27 February-3 March 1978.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- LEEMBRUGGEN, L R
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Bus transit; Bus transportation; Buses; Costs; Diesel trucks; Electric vehicles; Infrastructure; Maintenance management; Passengers; Pore pressure; Speed; Storage batteries
- Uncontrolled Terms: Capacity; Maintenance costs
- Old TRIS Terms: Bus transportation (Intracity); Negative pore pressures; Storage battery vehicles
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Energy; Finance; Highways; Motor Carriers; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Public Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00178096
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 780293 Preprint, HS-025 406U
- Files: HSL, TRIS, ATRI
- Created Date: Sep 14 1985 12:00AM