INSERTION LOSS OF RESILIENT MOUNTING SYSTEMS IN SHIPS
Although extensive work has been done by many investigators on the acoustic properties of resilient mountings and mounting systems, the data on insertion losses in ships is very limited. A method is described to obtain this quantitatively by comparing results from ships having rigidly-mounted machinery with other ships having identical machinery resiliently mounted. Some results are presented together with recommendations for future work. Order from: BSRA as No. 48,237.
- Proceedings of International Symposium on Shipboard Acoustics held at Noordwijkerhout, September 6-10, 1976.
Technisch Physische Dienst TNO-THStieltjesweg 1, Postbus 155
Delft 2208, Netherlands
- Steenhoek, H F
- Publication Date: 1976
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 14 p.
- TRT Terms: Damping (Physics); Machinery; Machines; Noise; Noise control; Vibration
- Uncontrolled Terms: Noise reduction
- Old TRIS Terms: Machinery chocking; Machinery noise; Machinery vibration
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00177394
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 19 1978 12:00AM