SIMULATION METHOD FOR THE DESIGN OF SHIP SYSTEMS
A description is given of a simulation method for use in optimising the design of ship systems, in particluar dynamic systems subject to such disturbances as waves, wind, and current. The method is explained with the aid of the following examples: the harbour manoeuvring system for a twin-screw ferry equipped with transverse thrusters; a mooring system for a drilling rig; and a dynamic-positioning system for the drilling rig. Order from: BSRA as No. 48,132.
- From the Ship-Technology Symposium on Experimental and Mathematical Methods of Basic Research in Ship Technology.
Rostock UniversityUniversitat Platz 1
25 Rostock, Germany
- Soldek, J
- Publication Date: 1975
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 20 p.
- TRT Terms: Design; Dynamic positioning; Maneuverability; Maneuvering; Mooring; Ship simulators; Shipbuilding; Ships; Simulation; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria; Ship design
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Design; Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00177391
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: Part 4
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 19 1978 12:00AM